Having a Better Relationship with God

I declared several things in 2010 regarding my spiritual life: connection and time alone with God everyday and finding a church home.

Connection and Time Alone with God
My time with God would return to becoming a priority and necessity because everything else flows from it. Committing to reading my bible on a consistent basis along with a morning devotional . I also would be writing in my journal more often. I could see the differences these things made in my life within the 1st week I was without a doubt happier beginning and ending my day with the Lord. On my commute I would spend it in worship or reading the word and reading additional devotionals at work. It became a daily habit until I went to MD for work and I forget to bring my bible, devotional, and journal and i was so discouraged had my daily habit for 3 weeks was no longer so but then I realize some days are like that. As long as I take out the time to be with God it doesn't have to fit into the formula I want. You don't fit God into a box so devotion time can't be either.

Church Home
I needed to be planted in a church home. I’ve been frustrated about looking for a church because every time I went in the past two years. I never found one that spoke to me in terms of praise and worship (which is my fav part of service), relevant messages filled with scripture and humor and a man after God’s own heart. So I got used to sitting in the back so I could make an easy escape (sad I know but so true) or tv ministries. But this year was different this routine I had established no longer fed me…I needed to go out and seek what I am after.

I went to visit a new church on Jan. 3rd in Brooklyn and afterwards I was empty like did I attend church it was so quick. So a few days later as I was studying..i had a desire to stop what I was doing and go to my newest bff that I go to everything for ….Yelp.com. Ahhh..kisses I love me so yelp! So I did a search for Christian churches and there was about 173 that came up so I went through the website and started to build my list of churches to “try out” when Microsoft Word encountered an error and could not retrieve my document. I was pissed because it took a lot of time to pick out the ones that fit me and I did not remember what page I was on. So frustrated I started on page 1 but it was a different set of churches that showed up and the first one on there was called CityLight Church . What made an impact was what one of the reviewers out of 3 said below: “While I had visited many churches, CityLight church was the answer. I was actually surprised when I first went since I came in looking for a reason to stop going. Let's just say I'm STILL going after a few years and find CityLight the most legit, honest and life-changing church one could be a part of. The music at CityLight is phenomenal! I am also tough on church music and often times feel disappointed in what I hear. CityLight's music team changes you -- you come into the service with the weight of the world on your shoulders. Once the music hits, I feel this sudden peace and excitement. My situations don't change, but I do and so does my attitude. It straightens me out to tackle whatever is on the horizon for the following week. For CityLight's music team, as well as the Pastor Bojan's teachings, to do that to me EACH Sunday should show anyone that there is something really special and different here.” I was wowed like I could totally relate to what she was saying about looking for a reason to stop going.. What she said about the music gave me high hopes so I went to visit the website and I LOVED it and you got to listen to some of the pastor messages. They even had Friday services so I could go after work or Sunday services in the evening. What! Evening services I love it! So I ran to tell my hubby how I fell in love with a church and he was happy but I was trying to keep my hopes at bay in case I get disappointed. I told my sister Robin and she said she would go with me that Friday. I cant even explain what I felt at that first service but I will try….GENUINE WORSHIP and you could tell that was one of their top priorities. I was waiting for the message but there was a guest pastor (sigh) but when he spoke he brought forth the word with such power and revelation. I was indeed blessed. In summary this is what he said (pulled this from his church site -Winners Church:

What Will 2010 Be A Year Of

1. 2010 will be a Year of Prayer, Praise and Power. Since the inception of the Church, prayer, praise and power has been a part of our history. Prayer is the backbone of the Church and praise is the language of Heaven. Combine the two and you have heaven on earth. Where there is prayer and praise, there will always be a demonstration of power. This year we are going to re-dig these wells. We are going to see incredible breakthroughs and overwhelming victories because of this. (Acts 1:12-14; Luke 24:50-53; Acts 16:25-26; Acts 4:31)

2. 2010 will be a Year of Bible reading, study and meditation. The Bible is the written Word of God. It contains His thoughts, His laws, His love, and His mind on every matter that pertains to mankind. The Bible is God speaking to you. It will give you direction for your life. Therefore, the Word of God must be first place in your life. You must spend time reading, studying, and meditating on it and you will find yourself growing spiritually and dynamically in every area of life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Timothy 2:15; Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:2-3)

3. 2010 will be a Year of "I Did It!" Someone once said, "The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." This year will be a constant celebration of what you did. You are going to accomplish and achieve more than you ever dreamed possible. (Proverbs 13:9; Proverbs 12:14; Ecclesiastes 5:3)

4. 2010 will be a Year of Financial Turnaround and Triumph. Financial dominion is for every believer. There are those in the body of Christ who are doing well financially and then there are those who are not doing so well. Those who are doing well will do better this year. They will continue to triumph and make financial gains. Those who are not doing so well will have a financial turnaround. Jesus, our Great Shepherd, is going to lead you into the paths of prosperity and increase. Your only responsibility will be to follow His instructions. Do what He tells you to do. This year we are coming into divine alignment with God's laws of prosperity and financial increase (both natural and spiritual laws). This year we are going to have great testimonies of financial turnaround and triumph. (Luke 5:1-9; John 21:1-14)

5. 2010 will be a Year of Grace. More than ever before, as a body of believers, we are going to walk in the grace of God. Grace is God's favor and His divine empowerment. His favor and His empowerment are on you. As you and I walk in the light of this, we are going to see doors open that we never dreamed possible. We are going to see opportunities come our way that will literally astound us. This is the year when we will see a dramatic increase of favor with God and man. There will be an outburst of favor everywhere you go. This is the year when we walk in God's divine enablement to accomplish and establish things in His strength. (Romans 5:1-2; James 4:6; Acts 4:33)

6. 2010 will be a Year of Winning. We are the victorious. We are more than conquerors. We have gained a surpassing victory. This year we will live this out. We will win over sin, sickness, disease, poverty, lack, depression, and whatever else poses itself as our enemy. We will not know defeat this year. The victory is ours! (Romans 8:37; 1 Corinthians 15:57; 2 Corinthians 2:14)

7. 2010 will be a Year of Love and Romance. God created you to experience love and romance. He wants you to be touched, kissed and hugged. He wants you to express yourself sexually in the beautiful context of marriage. Some of you have been waiting patiently for a mate. This is your year. Do not doubt! Even if you've been waiting a long time, I declare that the wait is over! However, you have to cooperate with the Lord this year if you are to experience love and romance. It's not going to just happen. You have to prepare yourself spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially. Then some of you need wisdom to attract. Read and learn about how to have a godly and satisfying relationship. God has someone for you! This is your year to receive that someone in Jesus' name! Now to those of you who are already married, this will be the year when love and romance will escalate in your marriage. The passion will burn hot this year! Your marriage will be a true reflection of Christ and the Church this year. (Hebrews 13:4)

8. 2010 will be a Year of Miracles, Signs and Wonders. The Bible says that we are for signs and wonders. God wants to do miracles through you. He wants to display the supernatural through your hands. As you go out and tell people about Jesus, miracles, signs and wonders are going to follow you. Jesus said it would. This year, we are going to walk in the light of it. As you desire miracles, signs and wonders to flow through you, they are going to manifest in unprecedented ways. (Isaiah 8:18; Mark 16:14-20; Acts 1:8; Acts 5:12; Acts 6:8; 1 Corinthians 14:1)

9. 2010 will be a Year of Much Spiritual Activity. More of you will put your angels to work than ever before. More of you will exercise spiritual authority over Satan and demons. More of you will have dreams and visions. Some to warn you, some to show you things to come, some to help others. Some of you will birth ministries and lay the foundation of great ministries that will have global impact in years to come. (Hebrews 1:13-14; James 4:7; Acts 2:14-18)

10. 2010 will be a Year of Sovereign Surprises. How many of you like to be surprised? God is going to surprise you this year. There will be supernatural and natural surprises. If you believe it, you will see it. If you doubt, you'll not experience sovereign surprises. The Bible says that God is able to do exceedingly above all that we ask or think. So, ask God to surprise you this year. Our concept of surprise came from Him. He is the author of surprises. The Bible says in Job 5:8 (The Message Bible), "...after all, He's known for great and unexpected acts; there's no end to His surprises." You see that? There's no end to His surprises. This year I want you to have a journal of surprises, answered prayers, and extraordinary things that happen to you. (Job 5:8; Ephesians 3:20; James 1:17)These declarations I have declared over your life is not automatic. You must activate them with your words and actions. First, start by saying, "I believe this! Lord, let this come to pass in my life this year." Then you have to do the things that are necessary for these things to come to pass. The Word of God says, "But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." (James 1:25).

Such timely word I was indeed blessed (as well as my sister Robin) and I can see how these things are playing out! Between this and the 3:20 decade..can you tell I'm excited?

I finally heard the pastor after so many weeks and I was blessed and said Im going like coming here and I have. So pretty much every week Robin and I have been attending services and they have been amazing. It's so wonderful to have someone to go to service with. I'm used to going by myself.Between amazing worship, great word and fellowship. The only other thing I want is for my hubby to attend but I know he does things on his own timing.

I also joined CityLight on March 7th so I am indeed giddy about being planted!

So I've been to one Women's group thus far which is unlike any church women's group where its not heavily structured. Kind of a meet and greet when we first walk in; there's worship time where there are a few chairs on the side but otherwise the church space is open and you can sit and worship, lay down or sit and worship as christian musics is playing; there's hot seat prayer where a person sits in the seat and there are women around who lay hands on her and everyone on the outer extends a hand and women start praying for the women's needs. It's awesome. Also, I'm interested in Life Groups but those only happen every semester so I'm waiting for that time to come about. I cant wait to see what else is in story with this church.

Oh and the church slogan for lack of better word is Rediscover Life. Isn't that delightful! All of the churches I've been too played a significant part in my life: New Life (after being saved), Victory (learning that God has called us to be victorious in life and likes for us to praise him openly and without abandonment, and this church also taught me how to study the word). Finally City Light Rediscover life I believe will show how to rediscover life in NY City as the person God made me to be. I cant wait to see what else in store because I can tell this is a pivotal time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment