I will reach my ideal size!

2010 would be a year that I would finally reach my physical goals!

My longest running goal was to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 30. Sadly I didn't reach that goal but I'm praying I reach that goal by the time I reach 31.

As with most women I had an issue with weight for several years...it started out growing up and hearing my father drill in my head not to be fat (so i had one fat year as a kid) but quickly got myself into shape. Teenage years came about and i started dating heavily and i was told i was perfect not to gain anything so I didn't even anything I started to lose some. My junior year I was at the best shape thus far..135 wearing a size 10 ahh..good times. Then college came the heaviest I've ever been (I don't know what my actual weight was since I never stepped onto a scale but I would guess mid 200's..and my size was an 18 but i thinking i was probably moving into a 20 but i outstretched my clothes. College was an awful time for me so its not surprising i gained so much weight..i never felt like i fit in anywhere and once i met my former best friend who loved food and always cooking. I quickly became addicted. For the many friends I didn't have i had food so i became an emotional eater. There was more food available to me at college than ever in my life. My parents ate on a poverty level by the time i left home (they could afford more but that's how they grew up and for some reason they went back there). I never talked about how depressed college life made me except with my hubby (then best friend) who was a lifesaver and called me practically everyday my first year (but after running up his moms phone bills that didn't last past the first year). Such a depressing time overall. Lets move my story along because I don't want to talk about this forever. Thankfully what came out of this time at college was my three best friends till this day (Carey, Amanda, and Jackie). I think a brief introduction to college is necessary since that was my heaviest.

After a year or two after I graduated I lost some lbs and its been an up and down period where I stayed around 14 then i finally saw a 12 and could fit into some 10 maybe 3 years ago and then i started raising again to a size 16. Preparing for my wedding I got down to a 14 and 30 lbs from my goal weight at 165. Yay! But then transition in moving to NY was yet again another depressing time so due to my horror I gained 40 lbs in 4 or 5 months. I didn't realize but then i started to have all these health problems and i was like i need to lose weight..a doctor has finally told me. I'm going to start running and lots of other things but that didn't happen. Even though I was no longer depressed by the time late Spring came I found a love for food in NY. NY has so much good food and ambiance so my best friend Kym and I went out to eat on a weekly basis which doesn't seem like much but then i always was eating out at lunch as well so to no surprise by the time i hit 30 i was no where close to my goal and i was depressed how i let myself go. At the top of this year I was at a whooping 213 lbs. Time to declare weight loss goals and i needed to ensure I had midpoints so I could ensure I stayed on target because things were getting out of hand. I also needed to find some spiritual words to stand on as well. Below is what I came out with and i found a prayer concerning food which was perfect.

2010 Weight Loss Goals

Starting Weight: 213
Goal Weight: 135 lbs
Net lbs to lose: 78

Check-In Points at 3, 6, 12 months

March 31st: goal weight is 187 lbs
June 31st: goal weight is 161 lbs
December 26th (my birthday) goal reached 135 lbs

Father God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus that you will perform a miraculous healing in my life concerning my desire to lose weight. Thank you Lord nothing is impossible with you and that you can take away my desire to overeat and fill the voids within me to cause me to seek food as a replacement.

Lord, touch my mind right now, help me to see what causes me to overeat, give me a strong desire to want to take care of my body and see it as you do Lord. Help me to make the right food choices and touch my mind with creativity concerning food and what I eat. May i be restored to divine health again.

As I strive to do this Lord, please bless all within me-my cells, my metabolism-that they will function properly so I can lose the weight, And let me take it one day at a time and not worry about anything else but the cares of the day that i woke up to.

Thank you Father for loving me enough to help me through this.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment