Magnificence

Sacred Friday is where a word is picked from a bowl that Carey and I discuss how that word applies to our week. This time has deeply enriched our friendship through the distance. So now that you know what Sacred Friday is I can go right into my word.

Sacred Friday-Magnificence

Magnificence spoke to my soul in the form of quotes:

Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us

If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page.

This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still...

Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

"The past is never completely lost, however extensive the devastation. Your sorrows are the bricks and mortar of a magnificent temple. What you are today and what you will be tomorrow are because of what you have been."


I think its no wonder these particular quotes spoke to my soul its all about realizing you are participating and not the spectator and sometimes you have to stand still to find out what direction you need to go in and once you know make that single step. Sometimes we look so forward to whats ahead we don't even want to think about the bad that happened in our past but its so key to who we are today and in the end we will be magnificent because of who God made us to be.

I feel like I'm encountering a 3:20 decade as well...a church home, a wonderful enriching marriage that I'm learning more to not focus on the few (very few things that I'm not getting) but the abundance I have through J, getting fit spiritually, physically, and emotionally. The magnificent work that God continuously does in the lives of people I know is amazing! God is Magnificent!! So in closing the song Magnificent by Hillsong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnHlBxmZzvg seems appropriate. !

No comments:

Post a Comment