A Day to Breathe

I had such a rough week..nothing happened but alot of my friends are either stressed/depressed and since I'm so empathatic i have taken on their emotions.Also, im feeling less satisified with my job...I'm thinking and thinking how i can expand it and the direction it can go on but outside of general ideas I dont have anything. I did talk to my boss about myself and the other team members within my division that need developmental skills and i would be happy to be a coach per se. I also talked about how we are not sure how we fit in in this new strategic structiure..the vision for us etc. It was a really scary conversation because i never speak up and i was coming from a place of this is what i am and this is our team and what we need. I fekt empowered yet scared. My boss came back with exactly what i expected and appreciated...he has to noodle it and was glad that i approached him and whatever trainng i needed i can have it so i signed up for the coaching and mentoring seminar and strategic thinking for starters. But this week was really slow which can be good but not this week i was bored, exhausted emotionally and physically, and not knowing where to turn. i was also reminded to Be still and trust God is God. Hubby says its great that im feeling dissatisfication it means im ready to stretch myself. all i know is i needed some type of break because this heaviness was not moving despite my prayers and reading the word or maybe it was not moving fast enough as i saw it. Then it popped into my head i need a mental health day as my friend Cory calls it.

I planned to take one day (Thursday) because my co-worker has Friday off but my boss said to take off two days and i was going to object but Lord knows I needed it. So i planned to just totally veg out but of course days off always garner errands so i did those early in the morning and then planned a self love date with myself. While i was out i decided i wanted to have a sort of french theme so i got this lovely ham, onion, guyere cheese tart for lunch, a bottle of wine and flowers, cheese fondue for dinner along with spinach rivoli. For dessert blueberry tart and carrot cake. I'm watching a wonderful period piece Young Victoria which so far I'm really enjoying.

I needed to replenish my well which looks like is happening.I'm feeling 80% better with this day off. also i turned my phone off today so not to be distracted from filling my well.Overall im feeling like im breathing ..im relaxed and today was exactly what i needed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Your day sounds heavenly! And you get to keep on filling your well today, too. I can't wait to read about the nourishment you end up giving to your soul. Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete