1st entry for the 47 day journal-March 9th

Isaiah 50:4-9
4 The Sovereign LORD has given me a well-instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.
5 The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears;
I have not been rebellious,
I have not turned away.
6 I offered my back to those who beat me,
my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard;
I did not hide my face
from mocking and spitting.
7 Because the Sovereign LORD helps me,
I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
and I know I will not be put to shame.
8 He who vindicates me is near.
Who then will bring charges against me?
Let us face each other!
Who is my accuser?
Let him confront me!
9 It is the Sovereign LORD who helps me.
Who will condemn me?
They will all wear out like a garment;
the moths will eat them up.

Questions:

WHAT does this tell you about Jesus/his mission?

WHAT question does this passage raise about who Jesus is?

HOW is God asking you to respond to what you see in Jesus in this text?

My answers:

When I read the passage the scripture comes to mind that the spirit of the Lord has anointed me to peach good news to the poor, He has sent me to proclaim freedom and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed...to preach the gospel. So i feel like this is telling me about the wonderful Father that we have ..that he is caring, helpful, and protective and we need not worry because he will send encouragement when we need it. We should never fear or be ashamed because God is with us and he will never leave us.

I'm not sure what they mean by what question does this passage raise about who Jesus is.

I feel that God is asking us to be confident no matter what situation we find ourselves in because in each passage i found that it speaks to encouragement, the ability to be ready and willing to listen and act, ears are opened attuned and alert. the act of being sacrificial, knowing that God is with us and we are are protected, we should not be ashamed because God has cleared our name, and he is our protector and shield and our enemies will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment