Figure Drawing










I had a wonderful time figure drawing weeks back. ive always wanted to do it but never found anything affordable and honestly didnt think i should waste my time because i could never draw people well. Well thank goodness for meetup...for fours hours we only paid $12 for two models.I love good deals! thank goodness for nurturing my inner artist..its not about what i think i can or can no do anymore..its about experimenting. since i had two other meetups that day i didnt want to carry my large art bag so i carried my sketchbook and a few large pieces of paper. At first the drawing looked TERRIBLE but as we went along i think they came out beautifully.I loved how it was a mixture of 5 minute sketches and 20 minutes and you can totally tell which in my drawings. I hope more figure drawing is scheduled as the months warm up. usually thats not the case because when it warms up my sketching group goes outside but you never know. i really loved the experience of drawing human bodies ...before now i didnt realize how much i like the curvature of the human body. its so beautiful. Hubby thought this is some of my best drawings yet due to the artistic expression when i drew the bodies. i'm not sure i agree but i do think its good for my first time figure drawing.

I'll add pics later.

1 comment:

  1. HaHa! I was just going to say "where are the pics?" when I read your last line! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete