Weekend Plans Did Not Happen

I was soo looking forward to volunteering at the womens shelter community garden on Saturday and wouldnt you know I got lost and never found it. It was a suspicious neighborhood and i really didnt want to ask anyone for directions and the organizer did not give her number. I was so pissed especially since 1. Yvonne (aka as period) was visting and i literally had to drag myself out of bed and 2. i was lost and disappointed. Then Sunday i wanted to go to the Fricks museum but again yvonne reared her ugly head so i stayed inside and i didnt even realize until later it was Sunday because i missed church.

Lately i noticed the rare times when I am in a sour mood God gives me perspective (maybe he always has and i havent noticed it until now). Hubby told me one of his friends Anthony saw his ex girlfriend get shot dead. I was horrified by the news and lifted Anthony and his ex girlfriend family in prayer. missing meetups and cramps is nothing in comparison to someone seeing a person they love shot. senseless killings i never will understand it and until now didnt know anyone who has been shot or had someone they love be shot. This is so sad.This made me think about this life in broader terms.

In this life i dont believe God wants us to compare our lives with someone else because we all are on distinct walks. I also don't think we should ignore problems but i do believe God gives us perspective for a reason..to look above and not at our circumstance. i see why God wants us to love our neighbors. I see why God does not want us to focus solely on our problems and wants us to keep one another lifted in prayer.This actually sort of reminds me of last sunday in church where the pastor says he wants us to go on prayer walks ..basically pick a neighborhood and pray for the people in that neighborhood for 10-15 minutes. What a beautiful gesture!

No comments:

Post a Comment