Absolutely Charming





On day 2 of my mental health day i thought i had time to take my bubble bath i didn't get to yesterday before i went out to continue to fill my well on the things that i needed. But wouldn't you know after lighting candles..getting my glass of wine..the water ran out the tub:( Then i refilled and it was nothing but cold water:( I started to complain and then was reminded that eventough things don't go as planned it doesn't have to ruin my day.

I took a quick cold shower and met my friend Melody (hubby's college friend who is turning out to be my friend) at Grand Central. I told Melody that i was planning a mental health day on Friday where i wanted to take the metro north train to this town called Cold Spring that i heard was charming and asked if she was off and was willing to go with me. Immediately she said she would take off. Yay for company! So we were off to Cold Spring. What attracted me to Cold Spring was when i read this "...our visitors continue to find relaxation. Just one hour and 100 years from New York City, Cold Spring and neighboring Garrison are havens from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Our landmark Main Street district is lined with 19th Century storefronts made for leisurely shopping and strolling. Antiques shops are filled to the brim with antiques and collectibles. Unique specialty shops showcase whimsical gifts, colorful home accessories and stylish clothing and jewelry. Or browse galleries and gardens, tour museums, see a play or take in a concert. Soak up the sun in our riverfront parks, then watch it set behind West Point and Storm King Mountain. The best thing about Cold Spring relative to New York City is that you don't need a car or a taxi to stay or get around." The description sounded like exactly what i needed.

As Melody and i talked and laughed on our journey to cold spring we came across the beautiful rivers...so calming.... houses in the mountains on the hillside which was gorgeous. The only bad thing was the weather..rain...yuck but i was determined not to let it ruin my day. We got off the train in a little over an hour and walked down a path and saw these charming houses (i would have taken pics but wouldn't you know my phone died on the way there). i was able to grab just a few pics when i was able to charge it at a place we stopped by later. Melody and i toured the inside of the antique shops, ate at a lovely restaurant that had ambiance but (cough) after an incident with the taste of the food or lack thereof ..Melody got indigent and told them we were not paying for our meals.so that was the end of that. i was so hungry and I'm not a happy camper hungry so I saw another place. It ended up having such a homey cozy feel (not my normal place i like) but it was so comforting like being in a living room. We were seated by the fireplace and there were books on the wall for you to read. It reminded me of what simpler times felt like. As for the menu unfortunately they didn't have much but batter fried stuff and no vegetarian meals so i settled on chili as did Melody and it was good especially on a cold rainy day. Comfort foods are that for a reason and i was reminded that simple things can also be wonderful. The unexpected can be exactly what you need at the time. I was looking forward to visting this restoration house with gardens that i looked up but unfortunately after talking to my waitress i found the restoration house isn't as close as what I had read had me to believe and its not the best time to go.She suggested coming back in a couple of months when its warm and then i could take the trolley there. i loved the idea of the trolley..it reminds me of OC so i will definitely be back. On the way back i didn't do much talking i just wanted to enjoy the sights and feelings of the river and being on the train and it all lulled me to sleep. This was a great day even though only one thing i got accomplished that was on my list it was exactly all i needed. sometimes i need to let go of my lists and let things unfold as they want. Be still and let God be God...

As I enjoyed my delightful time at Cold Spring I am reminded of Carey and I sacred friday words this week...

Beauty: Surround yourself with simple pleasures. Beauty is the language of the divine.
Gosh i found nothing but beauty in this town. Simple pleasures all around; Relaxation; Beauty of the river and the homes; Quaintness of the village, chili in a cozy dive bar, antique shops; a door in cold spring that had a sign that said "little blessings make each day beautiful"; gerbera flowers i bought yesterday that isnt my typical flowers i like but what i noticed today after coming back from my trip is the beauty in these flowers is they vary in size and colors. I'm reminded of the beauty that everyone of us have. We vary in shapes, colors, and sizes but we are all masterpieces of God. We all have unique talents.

Faith: Have faith. Every event we experience and every person we meet has been put in our path for a reason.
I believe God is reminding me of this very fact with my job and with Melody. Melody has been here for years but i never thought about striking up a relationship but I'm so glad we did.Because she provides the laughter in my life.

Ask: When we call upon the Divine for guidance and support, we will receive a response. Spiritual signposts will be put in our path to guide us to our highest good.
Who doesnt love signposts. Like i said in yesterday post Ive been channeling into my friends emotions this week and today i received a signpost in my path. My friend cory sends me a reply note to how Ive been feeling and he mentions when you are a great listener, you will some times wind up carrying the burdens of friends and even others as well.There is a song about lying down all your burdens at the feet of the Lord. well a few minutes later I read Joel's devotional that was titled "Find Rest." How appropriate!


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls”
(Matthew 11:29, NIV)

Sometimes the day-to-day pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. In fact, many people lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives. But God doesn’t want us to live stressed out and overwhelmed. He wants us to live a life of rest and peace.

When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time for Himself. He got away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. That’s how He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart. Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of others? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. Today, God wants you to cast your cares on Him and live with a gentle and humble attitude. When you release your burdens and follow the example of Jesus, you will find rest for your soul. You will be rejuvenated and refreshed! You will find peace in your heart, and you will move forward in the abundant life God has for you!"

Confirimations!! Yay! I feel so good and im going to take some more time to veg out.

No comments:

Post a Comment