Happy Easter!

Easter is definitely my fav holiday of the year because my Christ rose from the dead!To think about all that Christ did for my/our sins and what he is still doing is incredible. I read this lovely devotional on Good Friday from Joel

He is Risen!


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
"…He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen…"
(Matthew 28:6, NLT



TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
We have a reason to celebrate today because we serve a God who is alive and filled with resurrection power! Not only did He resurrect Jesus from the dead, but He wants to extend His resurrection power into every single area of your life, today!

Maybe you have a dream to get out of debt, pay off your house or be free from that burden of lack; but it looks like it's impossible. Business is slow. The economy is down. You've gone as far as your education allows. But God is saying, "I'm not limited by those things. I've got resurrection power. I can give you one break that will thrust you to a new level. I can open up doors that no man can shut. I can bring talent out of you that you didn't know you had. I can cause people, for no reason, to go out of their way to want to be good to you."

Your part is to keep believing today knowing that He wants to bring you into supernatural increase. Remember, He is risen, He is alive, and He is faithful to His Word. Trust Him today and let His resurrection power work in your life!



A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your resurrection power at work in my life. Today, I give You my broken dreams, disappointments, failures and setbacks and trust that You will breathe Your life into me. I trust that You have a good plan for my future and are leading me into total victory! In Jesus' Name.Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen


I woke up early on Easter...like way early like 2 am and started cleaning and figuring out where i wanted to worship. i was thinking about Journey since thats the church ive been going to for several Sundays now but didnt know if i wanted to hike all the way uptown so i decided to go to a church closer to me. Welp wouldn't you know that Sunday they were having services uptown. lol. So i decided for now i would wake up early and watch live Joel's Easter Service.I gave God some praise and thank him for all he has done and went back to sleep.

Woke up to my alarm and watched Joel live service. It was soo good and what i needed to start the day. The message didn't really do anything but the service up to that point was good. I got ready to hike uptown when realized i couldn't find my shoes..oh boy so that resulted in me being 20 minutes and leaving out the door and turning back around because i realized how late i was going to be. So i decided to go to a 3:00 service at Times Square...ive been there before ..not my ideal service because the church is so big and i never felt welcomed. Easter was no exception..no hello...just "If you dont have a seat in the main sanctuary go to the overflow room." ugh i hate overflow rooms...it seems so separate. So a lackluster praise and worship team sang and to my wonderful surprise the pastor wasnt go to speak but instead allow a musical that was written 20 years ago about Christ life to go in its place. OMG! It was so wonderful. I laughed and i cried and there was one cheesy part that the musical did that i couldn't explain but it was soo good. Then the pastor came up to do an alter call..people were leaving, childing making alot of noise. I was so annoyed.

But i had a great easter service putting together my two sevices of the day. Praise and worship with Joel and the Easter musical. Yay.

I left churcg and called J to let him know i was on my way home because he was making brunch for me instead of having our group brunch.

My brunch consisted of lemon corn waffles with vanilla and strawberry compote and a spinach, salmon shrimp frittata. OMG! so delicious. I wish my chef husband would cook more. Soo sooo good. Just thinking about it.Served with moscato wine and lime water. It was a good day with the exception of back stuffiness's which i woke up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment