Morning/Evening Pages -April 4, 2011

For my artists way program I’m supposed to write morning pages but they have been such a struggle to me. I think there was one week since I started that I wrote 10 out of the fourteen days but it went to the waist side after that. I identify more with artist dates..that has become a priority for me and feel necessary morning pages not so much.

I read something in my artists way devotional that has me looking at morning pages in a different way ..it mentioned morning pages being more like a prayer which I like instead of always unconscious stream of thinking but then I wondered why am I picking between the two. For once instead of planning something out..loosely or detailed why don’t I go with the flow and see what comes out. Because I'm usually irritated at the outcome when I go with the flow. Example yesterday…i had my day fully planned out ..artists way, vegetarian food festival, church (from 11 am to 7:30 pm my day was planned). Brakes came at the vegetarian food festival when the line spread among 3 blocks and after standing in line for 20 minutes a lady said the wait is 3+ hours just to get into the event. I was so appreciative and floored at the same time…I was looking forward to do this for a week. So I said what am I going to do…go with the flow ..sure why not. I was miserable I tried to waste time and ended up buying stuff that I do not need and will be returning it today. I ended up lost in Manhattan for 45 minutes trying to find a church. I was just done done. Now I know I have to have a loose back up plan.

Today I'm reminded of intent. How each day we should be living our life with more intent. God came so we could not only have life but to have it abundantly. I feel like when I set out my week re: Sacred Friday words..I’m on the lookout how things play out for me in the week but I never am purposeful about any of the words so I think it’s a good idea to bring Grace Cards to Sacred Friday permanently because the two ideas may be a nice blend. I’m looking at how Carey chose to bring out her creative side in a different way and how I’m visually feeling and seeing these Grace Cards. Time passes by so quickly and I need to be doing more with it. I need to exercise my creativity. Carey has given me a tool…blog that speaks on being creative every day. That along with one of my blogs that sends daily tips sends me on my way. This book has been an extraordinary blessing to me. But Ive noticed Ive stopped doing the exercises because it requires a lot more than yes or no and I don’t know if I'm ready to uncover but Just in this moment I'm thinking if I'm not ready to uncover fully why am I here on this artistic journey. I want to experience true freedom like never before/king if I'm not ready to uncover fully why am I here on this artistic journey. I want to experience true freedom like never before.

In today’s entry it speaks to God being present everywhere. The act of making art is a direct path to contact with God, and we don’t need to travel anywhere to experience the grace of connection. I love this!

My prayer for today is that God favor and purpose in my life, my friends and family lives are realized. That we know that any dream/vision from God…. will come to pass. That we have no reason to fear anything in contradictory of God’s word to us. We need to stand, believe and take action on that word even if its one step at a time. We need to remember that God is present everywhere. He will never leave or forsake us. So in everything we do lets do it for God’s glory. Art is no exception to this. I need to make art because that’s an additional way that God is communicating through me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I pray that prayer over myself and anyone else who is dealing with insecurity, fear, and lack in any area. I love you Jesus! In Christ’s precious name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment