Girl Time

Friendship is the union of spirits, a marriage of hearts, and the bond thereof virtue
- William Penn, Fruits of Solitude


So Ive been blessed to have Girl's time 3X's this month! I realized more and more how necessary girl time is for me in my life and how i want to foster a warm environment to nurture other fellow women with.

The weekend of the 10th i spent it with Jackie at her home. I got to also spend time with my growing God daughter who I've missed and Jackie's husband. Jackie surprised me by not taking me to our usual cuisine of Indian but this wonderful place in Havre Grace by the water. The view and food was amazing. It was so good having girl time! I hadnt seen her in about 6 months. Later that night continued our girl bonding time over drinks and appetizers (delicious crab dip) followed by the movie motherhood. Good time!

The following weekend of the 17th I spent it with Carey and Manda for our seasonal girls day (yay). We started out the girls weekend doing fitness classes on Friday (zumba and bellydancing). The classes were intense but sooo fun. I felt like i danced off some things i didn't even know i was carrying ....(complete abandonment and freedom). I'm so glad Carey suggested it. We went back to Amanda's house and met her new puppy then it was time to retire to bed. Saturday I woke up in Carey's beautiful house and we talked about a myriad of things and i got to spend some time with Carey's daughter (it was nice).Later that day we traveled to Cambridge for our girl's night in the hotel where we ordered room service that consisted of crab dip, pizza, shrimp cocktail, calamari and chicken tenders. We also had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and a small celebration of Carey's upcoming 31st bday (which i surprised her with crumbs cupcakes of chocolate variety). It was relaxing and nutritious but the time went by so quickly that I kinda wish we had more time that day because I felt the nutritious time was not as much as i planned. Carey shared with us her script and wonderful pink papaya products (That was such a wonderful time...can you get any more girlie than that). I do wish we had time to visit the spa and be in that environment but we did get to experience lovely spa products. Sacred Girl time was had and that's all that matters!

This coming week I will have Thai dinner with Kym at one of our fav places. So yay girl time! Only person I'm missing face to face time is Kia but i talk to her everyday so its almost like seeing her.

My next scheduled girl's day is in June when Carey and Manda come for Sex and the city 2 (whoo). I already planned out the weekend (I learned this time not to overplan but I have a few places picked out that we would visit). However, I just found out that Girl's day is a day instead of two so I've scaled down the few places to visit to just one. I'm still keeping the place for breakfast I planned but then I decided we would go back to my place and just chill before the movie and most likely after the movie off they will go. So it will be a fun day I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment