Girls weekend/Boston Artist Date-Rocks!










I saw Carey for the first time in like 8 months in Boston! Yay! We went to my home away from home (Moroccan Suite I stayed in last Fall). It was so great to see her. We walked, talked, laughed, watched movies, ate (italian and mediterrian theme night), drank wine and cried. It was so relaxing being in the suite with my best friend and exactly what I needed. Definitely a welcome change from the fast pace life of NY!

On Sunday she left early and i had my artists date planned in which I would draw in the park and take a relaxing swan ride. After getting a bit turned around on the subway I found the park with no problems (yay). As I was walking I saw a sculpture that caught my eye (man looking up) and it wasn’t until i was drawing for about an hour did i notice the name plate said Religion. I thought that was so funny. As I was drawing i seemed to catch an ..um...spectator who stayed with me for 45 minutes as i drew and interrupted me to ask questions. I really wanted him to go away but I didn’t want to be rude but I found such joy in drawing and being among nature. When he came he made me a bit nervous especially since he drew a small crowd to me as i was drawing but I tried to remain focus. I was so glad I was allowing myself some alone time. There was sprinkling rain off and on so i knew my swan boat was out of the question. But after an hour and some change the brightest sun came up. So I thanked my spectator for keeping me company and went off into the park looking for the swan boats.

The path I took led me to some ornate beautiful homes and I realized I was in Beacon Hill (another location I wanted to visit but didn’t realize I would have time). Oh Beacon hill such historic and affluent homes. As I was walking I was directed to a side street where I could see water and I said omg is that the esplanade …the third location on my list….i walked up this curvy bridge and it was. It’s so lovely…..there was a folk music playing….water where you see sailboats, canoeing, kayaks, family time. It was a wonderful sight. I wished one I didn’t have my bags and two I could really explore it since there is a path for joggers. I stayed for maybe 20 minutes. Which was a lot because I didn’t think i would see that much of it. I came down another street and there was Public gardens where I saw a few sculptures and rode the swan boat. The day was perfect! So instead of using a cab I decided to walk..after all ive been walking for close to 4 hours. So of course I got directions and of course I got to a point where the street ended so I was going to ask one girl for directions but she walked too fast and then I saw another girl. We will call her God-send Emma! She was wonderful..she walked me all the way to South station. I would have never found it. Thank you God for sending her and giving me the desires of my heart. Emma and i talked all the way there and she’s going to be attending school in nyc in fall. Thanks to her I had 20 minutes before my bus was to leave. Wonderful Boston Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment