Morning Pages-July 17th

I've not been good with my morning pages lately. But my Morning pages partner texted me today as we always text each other and I realize today i need to do pages. I didn't know what i was to write about but i knew i was to write and that my morning pages would be evening pages.

Today i went to my sketching group and i would like to say it was good to draw but i wasn't enthused about my drawing or being there. I'm sure that's due to me pmsing than me not wanting to be there. The funny thing i did know was i was so upset i grabbed the sketching book Carey gave me for a Christmas or birthday present years ago because i was saving it for something special. Its not until 10:17 pm did i realize im going to use this book as a visual journal, as a sketchbook to get back to the basics of drawings, to use it as God sees fit in me discovering some new territory in myself. Perspective is a powerful thing. Its by no mistake God brought to my remembrance a book i got months ago called "The Creative License." Giving Yourself Permission to be who you really are. That's exactly the place I am in life and in my art. Just not sure how to execute it and i believe God gave me a word and it was in this book pertaining to drawing but very much the word J told me to do this year which was get out of my comfort zone. This book told me to slow down. To move away from rational and literal and stretch myself to see things anew become more adventurous. Feel safe and confident in what I'm doing and comfortable in moving in fresh and exciting new directions.. Get into the habit of living and thinking and seeing in new ways on a regular basis. Just reading those words my spirit did a leap. So from this day forward that's what I'm going to do.

I have an upcoming girls weekend with Carey (yay) and I decided on Sunday when its time to check-out I'm going to stay in Boston for a few more hours and have a creative artist date. I'm going to ride a Swan boat..they consider it a Boston experience "enjoying a natural splendor provided by the 24 acres of the Public Garden." I'm going to draw. I'm going to walk. I'm going to explore. I figure after a relaxing girls weekend why not cap it off with an artist date.

Today i pray for myself and anyone else who may need to move in fresh and exciting new directions. I pray for the patience and dilengence to be still and see what God is telling us.

No comments:

Post a Comment