Reminding God What He Said

Late last week I started a morning ritual of listening to Joel's message before I leave for work. As always Joel's message does my soul good. I hope to make this ritual a daily event but for now I'm aiming for 3x a week. Small Steps.

I love today's topic, "Reminding God What He Said." Joel said we need to find some promises from God and remind him what he told us. We need to put God in remembrance of his promises not our problems. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be honest with God on how we feel but we need to be reminded that's God's word is alive and powerful and God will change things in our favor when the time is right. We just need to stand on the promises. So I decided to find some promises i want to stand on. I'm sure later I will flesh out the promises more concerning certain areas in my life but I think the promises i have listed can cover several areas.

Oh and Joel gave this scripture in his message:Isaiah 62:6, 7

God you said:





  • To live by faith, not by sight 2 Cor. 5:7






  • You will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go; You will counsel me and watch over me." Psalm 32:8






  • You are my refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1






  • No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what you have prepared for me." 1 Cor. 2:9






  • Trust you with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge you, and you will make my paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5,6






  • Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105






  • You will supply all my needs according to your riches in glory in Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:19






  • I can do all things through you who strengthens me."Philippians 4:13






  • If I abide in you, and your words abide in me, ask whatever I wish, and it will be done for me."John 15:7






  • You are able to do far more abundantly beyond all that I can ask or think, according to the power that works within me, to you be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Ephesians 3:20-21






  • You cause all things to work together for good to those who love you to those who are called according to your purpose."Romans 8:28






  • Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about me, for you are my God. You will strengthen me, surely you will help me, surely you will uphold me with Your righteous right hand."Isaiah 41:10






  • If God can clothe the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You know I need need these things. But seek your kingdom, and these things will be added to you."Luke 12:28-31






  • You give strength to the weary, and to me who lacks might He increases power."Isaiah 40:29






  • There is an appointed time for everything. There is a time for every event under heaven."Ecclesiastes 3:1




  • See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do I not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19

Thank you Jehovah Jireh the Lord my provider for your promises. Thank you for being the Lord who is there , Jehovah-Shammah. I praise your holy name. These are the promises i would like to stand on. Lord help me to commit these promises to my spirit and my mind. Bring them to my remembrance when I need them. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment