Sketching at Tudor Greens-October 9

(Last Drawing)














(2nd drawing)








(1st drawing )

I went to my Sketching group today and it was great. I think the last time i was there has been about a year ago (right before the cold hit). Even though i left 35 minutes early, of course i still was late 15 minutes. lol! It's a beautiful small serene park that is nestled up a hill that you wouldn't know existed. It was a great time because i was able to not only draw, connect with fellow artists and see what i want to add to my material list (looks like i'll be making a stop to utrecht art supply) but also to get my artists date in (i know i know artists date is supposed to be alone but technically i was alone for the time we did our sketches which was 3 hours. lol! And i was so happy cause three people commented on how much they liked my pieces and ive never been in a group setting where that has happened. So its an amazing experience opening up and sharing my artwork with some of my closest friends and to have good things said about your artwork in public. I love the space of the sketching group...alot of us come from different skill levels, mediums, but its so welcoming. Unfortunately my art session got cancelled cause DM has a cold but i haven't drawn in weeks so it was good to get some art out of my system since i haven't been particularly moved to draw which saddens me a bit because i felt i was on fire before but as with everything we ebb and flow.


The 1st, 4th, and 7th sketches are what i shared with the group..the others sketches I did when i had extra time while waiting to share and the other pics are views of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment