Sacred Friday Excerpt: Simplicity

You know when i was in my twenty's. I thought simplicity was about giving up things and truly live a simple life which could very much could be true for most people and possibly I'm combining two different terms simple life an simplicity back then. Where i am today I think simplicity is about slowing down (giving up those to-do lists for a moment) relax and decide what matters most to me. in one of cheryl Richardson exercises this year she listed ten messages and you were supposed to pick the one that spoke to you and clear as day mine was:-

"Don't let over-analyzing, future planning, or what-ifs, get in the way of taking action." I put that in my office along with:
-the Ephesians 3:20 message from Joel
-how God said to me I have heard a report from the Lord (not believing what we see in the natural but what God is saying)
-Behold I am doing a new thing scripture (from the beginning if the year)
-Sudden breakthroughs(God wants to release his power in sucg a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies)-another message from Joel
-Sovereign surprises (heard this in a message from a guest speaker about what 2010 will bring..you may remember).


All of theses things resonate to me that God is ready to do some new things. To burst favor and new gates open all over my life. But it doesnt come from a to do list but comes from the simple thing of being connected to him, fellowship with him, put away my thoughts and put on his thoughts. It's about creating what matters most in my life..to be entirely whole. what a concept! To be authentic.

I read somewhere, "Facing who we are, no matter how inadequate we have come to believe ourselves to be, is the beginning of living an authentic, real, honest and beautiful life."

I think simplicity can totally be summed up in a quote i found,
"simplicity is living in a physically and emotionally clutter-free environment that allows your mind and heart to be creative, uplifting and inspiring – not being weighed down with so much unnecessary stuff and baggage – so that you can enjoy the passions and pleasures of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment