Quest to find artists i love/like-week 1

Hubby and i watched a movie called Little Ashes" weeks ago and i had never heard of Salvador dali so I of course google his artwork...can i say omg...his artwork is AMAZING! He definitely is on my list of fav artists and i want to explore more of his artwork. This got me thinking outside of Thomas kinkade i dont have a list of fav artist(s) and i should. So i'm starting a quest to brush up on more artists ...once a week im going to talk about the artists i find....

Starting with Salvador.... his paintings has such vivid color and the ones i like is not his normal still life or portrait...it's more of his eh...lets say unusual work. The pieces that i consider my favs are not the eccentric pieces but he defintely has eccentric pieces. I have to say his artwork is one that has elicited more than an emotional response. when i first saw some of his pieces..it really intrigued me and made me wonder whats going on here..whats the back story.My fav I've looked out thus far are Vision of a Face, Landscapes with Butterflies, Apparition of Face and Fruit Dish on a Beach. He has an extensive amount of oil paintings so I know i wasnt going to get through them all tonight but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment