Exhausting and ewww kind of week

I have had a pretty exhausting week...not that it was filled with activities but i havent been able to sleep partly because we have a mouse or mice and i just havent been able to sleep . yep mice! how wonderful:( it started out with this terrible smell coming from the living room and when i woke up the next day it was worse and after some sniffing i narrowed it down to one area. told hubby ...he investigated and found a decomposing mouse behind our bookcase. great! ughhh and then hubby and both (on separate occasions saw a mouse jump out from behind the microwave and dove behind the stove). Thursday hubby said he saw a "cute" baby mouse come behind the christmas tree. hubby bought enclosed traps that same day online online and peppermint oil (which they apparently hate). traps caught one by Saturday morning seeing that the lever was up (yay) and as i held the empty bag for hubby disposed i screamed and ran into the living room...ewww. and as we moved back the stove a little but we saw a baby mouse dead starting to decompose. the good thing is we have poison in our house because winter time is when you will see a mouse so thankfully when we saw the occurrence we checked the poison and some had be eaten so we knew it was just a matter of time before we find one. hopefully not inside of a wall. i heard that takes months before the smell disappers if one dies in your walls. Hubby reassured me that this is common for nyc..at least im not infested like some people he knows and went on to read me stories from the internet about true invasions and i have to say that did not help. Seeing that our total is 3 now im afraid we are infested. ewwww..ive never had mouse in my house except for my 1st year in ny and know going into my third i have a dag on family. scary! so yeah before i told the whole ending of the story ..the mouse have been scratching at night and you can hear them burrowing and making noises...so its left me feeling creeped out and wide awake. hopefully next week will be better

1 comment:

  1. Ewww....I can see why you are feeling a little creeped out. I would be, too! When Harry & I moved back into the Dundalk house (after Tony had been living there), we found a whole family, too. It was horrible. We didn't feel comfortable sitting in the living room. We had the exterminator come out a few times, and luckily the problem went away. I still remember how grossed out I was, though. I hope next week is better for you, too!! Wishing you deep and healing sleep..... xoxo

    ReplyDelete