Re dedicating myself to weight loss

After spending the time with my best friend Carey in mid-June talking about our spiritual nutritional journey we would be undertaking in the Fall together (yay!) I felt a sense of renewal in my spirit and I didn't realize truly what that all entailed. As always in the upcoming weeks it would be known exactly what. So many areas there was renewal and joy. But today lets start with nutrition......

I realized how beautiful it is that God gives you exactly what you need when you need it (unknowing to you just how much you need it). Spending much needed girl time honoring our souls reminded me that I am on the right road right now in terms of extreme self care. Right now I need to focus on me and listen to the small whispers that I hear from God..honoring the things that are important and what I need in this time. Continue my coocooning as much as i need it.

I also realized that i needed to get my eating habits and exercise back on track..i would have good days and bad days..but the consistency wasnt there. It's like the day before my sister bday trip to New Orleans i was down to my lowest weight in the past two years (188....in recent months ..i had reached 188.4..188.2 but not an even number and i was esctastic to be in the 188's but an even number...whoo hooo.) A week later after a wonderful trip of gorging on such wonderfood food I had gotten back to 195 and i just cried. i had not seen that number since late December and it was great at the time because my highest weight was 216 but not when i had been hovering in the 188 for a minute. I didnt spiral out of control with my eating but i wanted it gone like next week. I stopped going to weight watchers...continued to weigh myself. Until i found a number that was pleasing to me i was not going back (not realizing then thats the exact place i needed to be). I'm not sure right now exactly when it hit me in June but i said its time to do things differently.

I'm sure there was some motivation and  a light bulb moment but writing this now in July i dont remember. But I did want to remember this time in my journal.I think the end of June was so pivotal in so many ways...finding my art school and realizing that i wanted to explore expressive arts. I think it was a time of now.For such a time as this.....

As of mid-July I've had a strong start of working out for 3 weeks in a row and it feels soooo good (1st week..worked out twice a week to c25K..i know its 3x a week but with my bad knees i think its best I ease into it; 2nd week and 3rd week...6X a week...say what!). Let me explain that soooo good  feeling...it's not when you're like I've missed this (insert smile) but that soo good when its like... its not about the how good or not exercise  makes me feel but its necessary and removing all emotion that means I have to do it (Focus). Priority right now is me and specifically working out. Ive never entered into this state but i see the necessity in it. There are some people who just get things done and then there are others who conceive it..think/pray about it..think/pray about it some more and finally take a step. I'm taking a step...I started my c25k which has been on my list for years (I'm entering my second week of this...the real first week was trying it out). I'm walking more. I'm even taking spinning class (which is another item on my list for awhile...that in itself is a real feat and i decided this week I'm going to start doing it twice a week....Lord help! lol). The intensity the challenge is exactly what my body needs. I'm also doing a fluidity class which is modeled after the bar method (which i had not heard about before) but wow ...for a low impact class...its something....Ive also decided to do this twice a week. Its funny i had my whole schedule made up of what i was going to doand just like life it changes... I'm honoring my soul and body right now and challenge is what I need. Right now my constant is C25K, spinning, and bar method with whatever else I throw in). Hopefully in September I will have amazing results to show....ideally i would like to lose another 25lbs by my birthday but I'm not going to get wrap up in the number but instead be concerned about consistency and building a stronger body.

July 1st re dedication started.....

No comments:

Post a Comment