New Blog that I love that I found over the weekend

Again I think this is one of those times where God talks to me through the computer. I have no idea on how I found this wonderful blog where the recipes has inspired me (renewal to try more things nutritionally). Carey and I have had a conversation about the raw diet and i recently signed up for an ecourse by one of our fav goddesses. i looked at the recipes section and i was uninspired...possibly I'm not there yet ..to try the raw diet but it sounds amazing. in the meantime it appears i have stumbled on a vegan blog so lets start there (I am more of a gradual person). The link is:

http://ohsheglows.com/

so many wonderful recipes that i wanted to try..i settled on two for the moment...a protein bar and carrot cake oatmeal (seemed to make sense to focus on this since this is two things i eat daily).

Also, after spending 1.00-2.00 a daily for protein bars whether at Bally's or at Trader Joe's I realized there has to be a better way...enter this lovely recipe....
http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6007772

I edited the recipe where it mentioned dark chocolate for a 100 calorie trader joes milk chocolate bar because i don't like dark chocolate. I couldn't find brown rice syrup so as indicated I used honey. I also couldn't find brown rice crisp cereal so I used regular rice crisp cereal. I love the taste and it was so easy...the only problem i realized that after i divided the recipe this only has like 3 grams of protein so this is basically like a chewey granola bar which is great just not what i was looking for in terms of protein...so my next batch i will add nuts and some other protein to beef it up and may have to not use chocolate or as much. I love this was the first thing i built from scratch (well as scratch as i can get it..lol). I wished my bars looked as lovely but they don't. i did take a pic but it didnt come out so well but I will post later. Winner!


Tonight I tried ("Carrot Cake oatmeal)
http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6002053
i wouldn't go as far as saying carrot cake  but its a nice base. Quite filling and a nice change. i substituted sugar free syrup for the maple syrup and I added brown sugar..maybe three tablespoons to make it sweeter. I will put this in the rotation.

UPDATE: 07/29/12
I added  a handful of diced frozen pineapple to this (yummy it was just what the recipe needed). I also played around with an "icing" or topping for the oatmeal (1 tablespoon greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon of syrup, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Outcome...not bad.....it needs something else but I cant figure out what (I'm sure the more I make it the more i know).

No comments:

Post a Comment