Cooking Bug...Vegan Lentil Burger

OMG! Ever since i found my fav new blog oh she glows I've  been on  cooking bug (which is soo unlike me).

My plan was to make a lentil burger for dinner. I found a recipe over a year ago that is my go-to. Off to the store I went to  get some peppers and an avocado and to begin the process when  i realized there was no eggs (gasp..lol). seems like a simple solution right?  wrong! I had $2 to last me to pay week and tomorrow i will be getting almond milk with that. So I ponder what am i going to do.

The Lord to the rescue..fingers start typing on my laptop..."vegan lentil burgers."

Hmmmmm i never thought about a vegan burger but why not..my new fav blog is vegan so i did a search and the first link that came up was http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=6394&comment=all#comment406318
but it seemed to have mixed reviews so i searched for other recipes (some had wayyy too many ingredients) so i said why not experiment and try the sparks people as a base and mix in seasonings from other recipe. The result...yummmmmy! I like the texture (which is a big improvement from my old go to recipe which i liked cause it was simple...4 ingredients but the texture was mushy). Not this one. The only problem with this one was the patty would not stay together but im ok with that. So I believe my recipe goes like this (i was running from my laptop to the other room pouring in seasonings so I'm not entirely sure). This recipe makes enough for several meals.

1 cup uncooked lentils (I used Trader Joe's steamed lentils). I grated this a bit in the blender..it retained mostly whole lentils)
1 cup cooked brown rice (!0 minute brown rice that comes in a bag go-to)

1 cup carrots, finely grated

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal (Quakers)

1 tsp cumin


½ tsp garlic powder

¼ sea salt

¼ black pepper

1 tsp  Onion flakes

1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes

1/4 tsp of Ginger

1/2 tsp basil

1/2 tsp of black pepper

1 tsp of oil

Mix everything in a large bowl. Form into a patty and cook it on the stove. Served on a whole wheat bun with mayo and ketchup and avocado slices.



No comments:

Post a Comment