Metamorphosis Drawing-June 28


As I mentioned in the previous post, one of my purposeful tasks is to be creative on my day off. I looked at my original start of a drawing i started on Fathers day that featured me as a child with my dad. Originally it was going to be a late fathers day present that I stopped for the night. A few days later I decided I wanted to develop it into something more. The person I am..the road I've taken maybe. I didnt know. Transformation maybe.All I knew is I wanted the Lord to have his way with the drawing. So tonight when I was started to think about a creative project I looked at the drawing and said why not. The Lord brought back to my memory the link Carey sent me months ago titled Creative Every Day and when i looked at the word for the month it was metamorphosis. Which i thought was perfect especially considering my ideas. When I hear the word Metamorphosis i always think of a butterfly. I started with a face portrait of me as a college student and then one with me on my wedding day ..wiped away my dad and then the drawing morphed into something else. i feel like its not done but for right now I'm going to leave it as it is. I dont think its my best drawing to date but what I'm learning through Artists way is bad or so so drawing is how you get to good drawings. I cannot be fearful of bad drawings.Its about expression in whatever way it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment