Return to previous chapters

My artists way group decided to return to previous chapters of the book to refocus and do some of the missed exercises which was great. Because even though Ive been following along with reading the chapters I haven't been good at finishing the exercises.

Unknowingly, until this moment week 5 is around the time I stop practicing my art on a regular basis and the last month i saw my art teacher. I know i stopped practicing my art but i never connected this to my artists way reading and how i stopped being committed to the exercises. Not a coincidence i dont think. As i mentioned before my art has been tied too much to my art teacher since i feel like God really used her to help me unblock my creative talent in a large degree and when I stopped having regular sessions with her my personal art stopped as well. It should have flourished instead of diminished especially since i felt/feel so free in my art..wanting more in dependency..starting to see what direction I want my art to go. Instead of practicing my art more i exercised more and went to more meetups and concentrate alot more on my walk with God. All absolutely positive things and clearly what i need to be fed spiritually and physically.

I wonder when i made the choice ..why is it a choice between all those beautiful much needed things and my art. Why do we impose choices in our life in places where a choice does not need to be made? Obviously shifting priorities happen? Times where we cant have it all even times we shouldn't have it all because there are lessons/preparedness needed before we take the next step. But there are also times we naturally without any thought just throw things away ..beneficial things. why? Why don't we second guess? Why do we choose that action?

This brings me to Week 5 chapters but before i reread that chapter i want to read the devotional for May 1st. I loved what I read because it reminds me that we start out as one thing but we need to remember that's not how we finish. Transformation is a wonderful thing! It can be scary but necessary. God protects us in every phase we go through. We are not alone. Unfolding is necessary in life.

Today's reading:

The lilies of the fields began as buds. We are asked to trust that just as they had a glorious and safe unfolding so will we. In the natural world, we see butterflies emerge from awkward yet [protective cocoons. We remind ourselves to trust that sometimes, we too are being protected in our growth. Our erraticism, our ungainliness, our panic--these, too are natural to the passage of things. The Great Creator experiences all his creation in the throes of shifting identity. The unfolding saga of life on all levels is one of the constant transformation. constant changing of form. when we cooperate with our need and desire to grow, we are cooperating with spiritual law.

No comments:

Post a Comment