Morning Pages-May 2nd

The beginning of a new month..always seems like fresh possibilities...but that's also the beauty of a new day. Thank the Lord for renewing grace and mercy!

Today's devotional speaks to allowing yourself to create freely and allowing errors to reveal themselves as insights later..not to worry about the details. "Do not fear mistakes" Miles Davis told us "There are none."

I'm not sure i agree with Miles. at least not when i first looked at this quote because there are indeed mistakes. Mistakes that hopefully you learn from and you figure out this is what you do and this is what you dont do. Insights as the previous sentence in the devotional said. When I first read this quote I felt Miles was talking about something totally different than insights but when i reread the sentence I see Miles is talking more about fear ...not letting the fear of mistakes cause you not to move. There is danger in that. Mistakes can be looked at as a good thing (talking to myself so strongly here) because you learn so many things through mistakes than things you got right on the first try.

I thank the Lord for his guiding hand Especially in those times when I make a mistake and i want to give up. He surrounds me with his love and compassion and gentle reminder to not fear because he is with me.All that I need he has already given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment