Joyce Meyer Book

I highly recommend Joyce Meyer's book "Confident Woman." It's definitely on my list of influential books. I didn't know I needed to read this until I did. Below are some things in the book that I liked..i could literally type out so many pages:

Pg 5
  • confidence allows us to face life with boldness, openness, and honesty. It enables us to live without worry and feel safe. It enables us to live authentically.
  • people with low confidence, on the other hand, are not sure about anything. They are double-minded, indecisive people who are tormented by self doubt. They second -guess (and third and fourth guess) themselves. As a result they don't live boldly. They live little, narrow lives, and they miss out on the big rewarding lives God wants them to enjoy.

Pg 10

  • John Wayne said , "Courage is not the absence of fear it is action in the presence of fear. bold people do what they know they should do-not what they feel like doing."
  • ....As I write these words, I feel very excited for you. I truly believe this book will be life-changing for many of you who read it. It may be a good reminder for some of you, but for others it will help you step out onto the path of your true life. The life that has been waiting for you since the beginning of time-and the one you may be missing due to fear and intimidation. Satan is the master of intimidation, you can take authority over him by simply placing confidence in Jesus Christ and stepping out boldly to be all you can be, God told Joshua, "Fear not, for I am with you." He is sending the same message today: FEAR NOT! God is with you and he will never leave you , nor forsake you.
  • Abraham was told, "God is with you in all that you do" (Genesis 21:22). that sounds like a large living to me. Are you ready for a larger life, one that leaves you feeling satisfied and fulfilled? i believe you are, and i want to do everything I can to help you on your journey.

Pg 45

  • A person is not a failure because she tried some things that did not work out. She fails only when she stops trying.
  • Recovering from pain or disappointment of any kind is not something that just happens to some people and not to others. It is a decision!You make a decision to let go and go on. You learn from your mistakes. You gather up the fragments and give them to Jesus and he will make sure nothing is wasted (John 6:12). You refuse to think about what you have lost, but instead you inventory what you have left and begin using it, Not only can you recover, but you can also be used to help other people recover. Be a living example of a confident woman who always recovers from setbacks mo matter how difficult or frequent they are. Don't ever say, "I just cannot go on,". Instead say, "I can do whatever I need to do through Christ who strengthens me. I will never quit, because God is on my side."

I absolutely love that! I think that's an important reminder to us all.

Pg 4Joyce talks about two kinds of people..a bold and shy person ..I'm typing out the shy person because I could identify more with that person than the bold person

  • A shy person shrinks back from many things that she should confront. There are many things she would like to say or do, but she's paralyzed by fear. I believe we must learn to step out into things and find out what God has for us in life. A more timid approach may protect individual from making mistakes, but the result is that they spend their lives wondering "what could have been." Bold people, on the other hand, make more mistakes , but they recover and eventually find what is right and fulfilling for them.. Making mistakes is not the end of the world. We can learn from mistakes. In fact, one of the few mistakes we cannot recover from is the mistake of never being willing to make one in the first place! God works through our faith, not our fear. Don't sit on the sidelines of life wasting you were doing the things you see other people doing. Take action and get a life!
  • If a person is naturally introverted or extroverted , she will always have a greater tendencies toward that natural trait-and that is not wrong. As we have stated previously, God creates all of us differently. However, we can have the life we desire and still not deny who we are. So search your heart and ask yourself what you believe God wants you to do --and then do it. Where He guides, He always provides. If God is asking you to step out into something that is uncomfortable for you, I can assure you when you take the step of faith, you will find him walking beside you.

When I resumed reading my book after i got the job offer this is what i read in bold.

Pg 85

  • God wants to give you favor-kindness that you don't deserve. Supernatural favor can be expressed in different ways . You may get the job you want but are not naturally qualified for.

Pg 89

  • Preparation equips us to move confidently.
  • When God gives us a job to do we often think it will be easy to accomplish. However, most things are harder than you ever imagine, they take longer than you ever thought you could endure but they also pay greater dividends than you could imagine.
  • When God called me into ministry I thought it would happen right away. I did not realize that I had a great deal to learn before I was prepared for the ministry God wanted for me.

Pg 94

  • The kind of preparation you need depends on what you are being called to do and your season in life at that time. If you have something in your heart that you believe you are supposed to do but are unable to do it now, don't let that discourage you. We hold some things in our hearts for years before we see them manifest. Let your dream incubate in your heart. Pray about it and do whatever you can to be ready when the time is right.

Pg 97

  • I encourage you to let everything in life be preparation for the things in your future. Let every experience be something you learn from. Don't despise the days of small beginnings. Those small beginnings are usually all we can handle at the time. God will give more when He knows we are ready. Enjoy every step of your journey. Don;t be in such a hurry to rush through things that you miss the lessons you can draw from each day.
  • If you do what you can do then God will do and what you cannot do. Do your best to be prepared for the job in front of you and God will come with some supernatural abilities that will amaze you.

Another item that God spoke loudly hence why i bolded it.

  • To be prepared, you don't have to worry about the part you don't know how to do, just do the part you know. Your faith-filled actions are seeds you sow. Sow your seed in faith and God will bring a harvest at just the right time.

Pg 103 The heading for this chapter was "Prepare for Promotion"....oh Lord

  • Joyce told story of how some of her former employees missed a great opportunity because they wanted promotion but they were not willing to prepare, they were not willing to take additional training or learn new skills to help them improve. These employees were very valuable but they did not continue getting training, even though it was offered so they could go into future with them

Knock ..knock....

Pg 179

  • Instead if being afraid of something you are not familiar with, familiarize yourself with it. Do some research or ask some questions. It might take a little effort o do so, but it is better than being tormented by fear.

Pg 189

  • Always living in a safe zone of life and never taking chances actually makes one a thief and a robber. you might think that statement is a bit strong but the truth is always strong, and the truth also makes me free. If I spend my life keeping myself safe then i rob everyone else of my gifts and talents simply because I am too afraid to step out and be willing to find out what I can do in life.

That's a really good point!

I think I've given enough of this book away!

No comments:

Post a Comment