Job Opportunity

I was offered a job opportunity by our new VP of our dept totally out of the blue a few weeks ago and i was so unsure about it. The job required 2 weeks in DC 2 weeks in NY which is a definite interruption in my life and one con about the job. I was very much in prayer and seeking God and i heard opportunity and favor in my spirit but i also heard that every opportunity isn't the right opportunity. So i turned down the opportunity and told my current boss and his reaction was quite surprising it was kind of a sigh and if that's what you want. I'm like don't sound too disappointed.I told my hubby about it and hes like I'm proud of you for considering it. we talked more about via text since i was out of town and he said he thinks it was a mistake i turned it down because of the opportunity that is presented and any fears i have are unfounded and if I'm wondering about how i could be supported in this role then i need to bring that up. I had dinner with one of my best friends cory and was telling him my side and then my reactions to what hubby said. Cory interrupted me to say steph in my spirit i just heard you're too comfortable in your position. Which struck me all over..i never knew that but that it is so true! so i really was pondering now so I talked to hubby more prayed and went back the next day asking if i could reconsider with a list of questions. I felt much better about the situation and really was open to the opportunity. The new role would definitely be challenging because its more of an hr generalist position and my focus has been benefits and the idea of being responsible for several departments and be their specific HR person. I have to tell my decision the week after thanksgiving. oh the one thing I'm waiting to hear on is salary. I'm reading Joyce's book confident woman...and its funny when i picked up the book to continue reading it so spoke to my job situation. The book talked about about stepping out of your comfortable position, its less about what i can do but what God can do though you . Then i read a line that said lets call this person Stephanie who is applying for the job. Really God? lol! my name in a book ..i think you may be talking to me. Right then i knew God is speaking quite heavily through this book. Then i was listening to Joel and Victoria sermon and Victoria said ....It's time to grow up...develop...rise higher and advance the kingdom.It's time to embrace new things God wants to do in your life. Time to exchange. Alot of time we are holding to things..we need to make the exchange. It's time to put down some things so you can have the great exchange God is trying to give. Cast your care upon God. evaluate. maybe you need to put something down to get something better. That hit home so much! Then i looked at my book shelf and saw the book that's called HR Transformation that i started reading months ago and put down and totally forgot I had it. It's one of the free books my company gets that I didn't see on the "free shelf" but one of my co-workers found and thought I may like and I'm glad that she did. I then knew i needed to take the job. God has been laying the foundation and giving me hint for months even years but I wasn't aware of it. Our last VP was moving our whole dept from transactional to strategic partners but we never did anything with it so i thought nothing about it but this is partly what my new job will be. Not paying attention to signs. I haven't told my decision yet to our new vp because I'm waiting on the salary but it will be a yes.I really want to thank my other best friend Carey for standing with me praying for clarity. Eventhough I didnt get my answer the next day ..I did get it a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment