Recipes for a new year

It's a new year with a fruitful wellness journey with my best friend Carey on the horizon. I'm not sure how i feel about this new year quite yet or the word or intentions for this new year. I do know that if I had to pick three words today to go forth in the new year it would be: health, exploration, self-care. I want my new year to embody all these things. Health wise...it's been a rocky start but with all things that are new..its to be expected....it took awhile to get to obesity it will take awhile to get out of it. What I need to remember is to be patient with myself. The recipes (for a lack of better word) for this year:

  • To ensure self-care is sprinkled weekly into my life. Monthly massages will help in this area.
  • To grow myself spiritually. Full imersion in the word like never before (reading/watching videos). I hope to be connected to a church by year end.
  • To see myself at a healthy weight.
  • To exercise at least 5X a week (try a variety of things). The goal is to get back to my c25k Program.
  • To be creative weekly (I would like to say daily but i dont know how realistic that is). To have artist dates with myself on a bi-monthly basis (I would  like to get to a weekly basis but as i restart this lovely goal lets start there.
  • To drink at least 64 oz water (the massage therapist I went to recently said I should be drinking more water as well...HALF my body weight. I have heard that before but I didnt know how true that was). I have bought the following to help me in this endeavor (http://www.amazon.com/Prodyne-Infusion-93-Ounce-Natural-Pitcher/dp/B0023UL86A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357392154&sr=8-1&keywords=fruit+infusion+pitcher and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EGO64U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02 (I've been looking for one of these but didnt know what it's called).
  • To be creative outside of my normal drawing and tempura painting (try more classes: soap making, water color, glass blowing, etc)
  • To cook healthy meals on a regular occasion and develop recipes for my upcoming recipe box purchase http://www.personalizationmall.com/Personalized-Recipe-Box-with-Monogram-4x6-Acrylic-p13068.prod?sdest=product-cert&sdestid=12924 (I need to figure out the phrase i want on the personalization). I also want to cook for my husband at least once a week (speaking of which I found a new blog chocked with recipes (http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/). Amazing! I found Melissa late one night when purchasing my water bottle on amazon and her cookbook caught my eye because i want to cook more naturally and in paleo form. It was highly rated so I purchased it. I then went over to Melissa website and i really like it. I cant wait to peruse more. Yesterday i said i should try some of her recipes (in hindsight I probably should have done that before I purchased). Well let me tell you I can tell I wont be disappointed. The menu consisted of: Moroccan Pork Chops (http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2008/07/24/healthy-tasty-moroccan-pork-chops/). This was J's fav.Velvety Butternut Squash (http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/11/17/velvety-butternut-squash/). This by far was my fav dish. The only addition i made was i sprinkled some equal (which im sure is not paleo friendly but I like a sweetness to my dish. I exchanged pecans for almonds since I'm not a pecan fan. I'm thinking about going to the store and buying more butternut squash). J asked if there was more. Coconut-Almond Green Beans (http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/03/14/coconut-almond-green-beans/). This dish was yummy...especially since i dont like green beans. I also made him a moose track ice cream pie by mixing in some ice cream, cashews, and caramel in a mini graham crust. I placed the dish in the freezer for four hours and then added caramel and nuts on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment