How I'm Feeling as I'm nearing the end of January

It took me into the 2nd week of January  to stay consistent with my food choices and get out of the habit of ordering out but somewhere along the line it became natural where I stayed on course 90% of the time. The item that changed was (1) a much needed conversation with my husband regarding creating a vision of myself so I know where I'm going (2) Carey introducing me to myfitnesspal  (3) God reminding me that he is in everything and i needed to lay down word over weight loss so he directed me to Amazon where I purchased, The Weight Loss Scriptures Daily Devotional by Kimberly Taylor (4) weekly chats with Carey (5) incorporating more snacks.

I haven't had a totally healthy week  yet but i would say at least 13/15 days for the past two weeks have been. I returned to working out regularly (more like 3-4 X a week than what i originally attended...a combo of walking and the gym). SLEEPING more has become imperative to me feeling good about this journey. I started aiming for 7-8 hours twice a week (I would like to meet this sleep requirement every day but it's not practical yet. I am drinking more water..i havent started using my fruit water container (I cant recall its actual name) but i have been using my water dispenser where i turn the top to indicate how much water I've had.

I looked at my day to figure out what throws me off track and it's (1) not eating my normal breakfast because I'm running late (2) not planning/preparing for the week (3) the time between getting off work and arriving home. To combat these items I make sure breakfast is the first thing i do as I'm getting ready or make sure I grab some food. Cooking my meals on the weekend and placing them in clear containers so all I have to do is grab and go. The container trick was something i picked up in my WW meeting (which I returned to attending) is that when we open the fridge we should see organization, we should see healthy foods..cut up in clear containers because we are hungry we start rummage for things but if it's in clear view we are more likely to pick those items (my paraphrasing). OMG! This has been such a tool that i needed. I have snacks on one side cut up (ex. sliced up strawberries, cut up celery (which I dislike but I added my sunflower seed better and raisins (yummy...it's my everyday snack now). thank you paleo for ants on a log. I substituted almond butter for sunflower seed butter because i prefer sunflower seed butter..yummy. Another meeting is to eat fruits and veggies more daily and i've done that.

I havent weighed myself yet because the scale discourages me. I want to give it a full 30 days of tracking on myfitness pal to see if I lost any weight. I think the biggest motivator outside of being healthy is in January when i realized I gained weight..none of my pants felt comfy and thats not a good thing. Yesterday i was able to put on a pair of jeans I havent wore in years. I would be lying if i said it was comfortable. lol. But at least im able to fit them and button them up. Breathing comfortably or bending is another story..my gut is getting in the way. I think i have lost a pants size or getting back to where I was before the holidays so that's good news. Overall i dont always stay within my calorie goal but my thing is lets just focus on ingesting the right things then we can tweak more of how much you are eating.

One thing i realized is that paleo desserts thus far have been a DISASTER which tells me I need the real thing or i need to have skinny cow ice cream which sadly isn't around the corner.Their chocolate chip cookies isnt bad. Overall I'm really happy about where I am in my journey because I'm making healthier choices every day. This journey will  have ebbs and flows but I have to remember take it one step at a time. This is the year that Carey and i will make it to our goals.

 Oh, and J introduced me to a youtube video that he ran across and he thinks that that i would find motivational because i always love to watch weight loss journey's (DivaSlimsDown Channel) and she chronicles her entire journey and i did a sneak peak of today vs the year ago when she started (amazing). I shared the video with my sister since she is closer than Diva than i am and she found this motivational as well. Right now im in the journey where she is given challenges...week 1 (for us last week was working out for 2 hours..we went walking in our neighborhood for an hour and 40 min...legs were gone...lol. we stopped off at a diner and caught the subway back and later that day when visiting a new church we walked a total of twenty minutes so that goal is completed.) As i'm typing ..week 2 (10 miles of activity and 9 cups of water). This will be interesting and a challenge but here we go. I'm still working my way up to 64 oz..I'm probably averaging 40-50 oz.


No comments:

Post a Comment